|Certificate Level I|
Automotive Maintenance Technician
| || || |
The Automotive Maintenance Technician Program provides students with entry-level job skills for the automotive industry. Tool safety and job-site safety training in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards are stressed. Classes meet at the Automotive Shop located on the Howard College campus. Students who successfully complete the A.U.M.T. training will receive certificates from SWCID and will be ready to enter the work force.
Possible Employment Responsibilities
After completion of this program, students will know how to repair and adjust: automotive brake systems, automotive heating and air conditioning, service of automobiles, suspension and steering, automotive electrical lighting and accessories, engine repair basics and battery and starter functions.
- Automotive Maintenance Technician
- Service Manager
- Service Advisor
- Industrial Research / Development
- Automotive Machine Shop
- Auto Parts Manager / Owner
- Technical Representative
- Automatic Transmission Technician
- Wheel Alignment / Suspension Technician
- Fleet Maintenance Supervisor / Technician
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Private business
- commercial business
- municipal or other government agencies.
- MATH 0301
- ENGL 0310
- OSHT 1305
- students must have a 3rd grade or above reading level.
- They must complete the math and English with a grade of “C” or better to receive the AUMT Certificate.
Automotive Maintenance Technician Tool Kits: Automotive Maintenance Technician students are required to purchase automotive tool kits at a cost of $800 at the time of registration.
|Course||Semester||Hours ||Course||Semester ||Hours |
| AUMT||1310|| 3|| AUMT||2321||4|
| AUMT||1345|| 3|| AUMT||1316||3|
| AUMT ||1307|| 3|| AUMT||1319||3|
| WLDG||1421 ||3 |
|Total: ||12 ||Total: ||17|
|Total Hours: 29|
1 Capstone Course
Course Information: SWCID Catalog