Howard College Outreach Department
Welcome to the Howard College Outreach Department! If you are interested in an opportunity to continue your education in any way, it is our job to inform you of the many opportunities that await you at Howard College.
We work closely with schools, businesses, and other industries in the Howard College service area to make sure we reach all potential learners. Whether you want to attend college on our Big Spring, Lamesa, San Angelo, or South West Collegiate Institute for the Deaf (SWCID) campus, we look forward to meeting you and helping you make the best choices about your educational journey.
What Does HC Outreach Offer?
- Scholarships: Interested in a scholarship while attending Howard College? Learn what scholarships are available for your campus. Contact Outreach for more information. Learn More...
- Mobile-Go-Center: Howard College is coming to you!! Reserve our traveling full systems computer lab to come see you at school, community event or local hangout. Learn More...
- Diplomats: The Diplomat Program is a scholarship opportunity for young men and women on both the Big Spring and South West Collegiate Institute for the Deaf (SWCID) campuses. The Diplomats are ambassadors of Howard College and carry out numerous community service and campus-wide duties throughout each semester. Learn More...
- I Can Too (Big Spring Campus): In response to the Closing the Gaps initiative, Howard College developed a program of early outreach to third grade students in Howard County. The program titled "I Can Too!” was originally funded through a grant from the Rural Community College Initiative and the Ford Foundation. Learn More...
- TAKS Free Day (Big Spring Campus): We are planning another critically thinking fun morning for the seniors who are free from TAKS tests. There are contests, rock walls, game trailers, etc to provide some laid back entertainment while working on some critical thinking skills. We will also have department booths set up for information and games as well. Each student will receive a free Howard College Senior T-Shirt and have a chance to earn scholarships up to $1000! This will be a great opportunity for your seniors to get a taste of what the 'College Experience' is all about. Utilize the contacts on each campus for more information.
- Kids College (Big Spring Campus): Howard College presents fun activities for learning! Kids College runs during July on the Big Spring Campus. Applications available in the elementary schools in late Spring and in the HC Outreach Office.
- Campus Tours: Howard College campus tours are provided by the Outreach Department staff, Howard College Diplomats or other designated campus personnel. While touring any of our campuses you will be welcomed by our friendly faculty and staff while receiving detailed information you need to make your choice about college. Tour one—tour them all! We'd love to have you come see what makes Howard College so special. Just call or email our Outreach Department staff on any campus to set up an appointment. We look forward to meeting you!
To schedule a tour:
|Big Spring Campus|
Please contact Leslie Owens
Phone: (432) 264-5028
|San Angelo Campus|
Please contact Caryn Truitt
Phone: (325) 481-8300 ext 3308
| || |
- College Goal Sunday (Big Spring Campus): College Goal Sunday is a program that we host in our steps lab to help students and their families fill out their FAFSA’s. Also, when you attend College Goal Sunday at Howard College you are entered into a drawing for two scholarships worth $600 a piece. Along with the financial opportunities you will be offered a wealth of information on programs that Howard College has to offer. For more information please contact
@ (432) 264-5608. Learn more...
- Financial Aid Nights (Big Spring Campus): Financial aid nights are scheduled by high schools and are implemented to help students and their families fill out FAFSA’s and scholarship applications for Howard College. We are happy and more than willing to meet you at your high school location to answer any questions you might have and assist you in filling out any and all financial aid paper work. For more information and scheduling please contact
@ (432) 264 5084. Take me to Financial Aid...
While we do a significant amount of work directly with schools, students and potential students, we also provide a generous amount of services to the communities in our service area. A few of our programs and services are listed below. Feel free to click on the links and explore the services we offer. If a conversation with one of our Outreach Department staff is what you are looking for, please see the contacts for each campus listed below. We look forward to the opportunity to work directly with you in your educational adventures!
|Contact HC Outreach|
|Danny Sparks (Big Spring)|
Director of Outreach
Phone: (432) 264-5124
| ||Monica Campos (Lamesa)|
Director of Outreach
Phone: (806) 872-2223
|Caryn Truitt (San Angelo)|
Community Outreach Coord.
Student Life Coord.
Phone: (325) 481-8354 x3308
| ||John Green (SWCID)|
Director of Outreach (SWCID)
(432) 218-4046 (VP / VRS)