Select Your Location
What if I am undecided on a Career choice?
Howard College provides a comprehensive program of student assessment, career information, career counseling, job placement information and assistance. The staff in the Advising/Career Center assists current students in finding a career field that is suited to the student’s interests, abilities and attributes. Students can take an online assessment that measures their interests and aptitudes in order to make a well-informed career choice. Links to these assessment tools are provided below. After taking an interest inventory/assessment, students can meet with an advisor in the Advising/Career Center to interpret the outcome of the assessments, provide assistance in researching their top career choices and guide them in making the right career choice. The advisors will then set up a degree plan of required curriculum and training in their chosen career.
The Advising/Career Center also conducts workshops on campus to help students with career exploration, job skills, study skills, self-esteem building, job interviewing, resume writing and more to prepare students for a successful college career as well as a future occupation.
The Advising/Career Center is also responsible for posting part-time and full-time job opportunities in the surrounding area. Click to login and view the most current job postings in the Big Spring area.
Interest / Abilities Assessments:
- Career Exploration and Job Analysis
- Find your strengths and what careers match them at: My Next Move, "I'm not really sure..."
Other Job-Related Resources:
- Finbox.com - Job postings and First-hand Industry Insights
- Glassdoor.com - take an inside look at company salaries, reviews, and interview questions for thousands of employers.
- Green Jobs Listing - a great resource for students looking to land jobs in the green economy.
- JobApplicationGuide.com - a free online resource for helping students and graduates find specific information and advice on how to apply online and offline to every major national company in America.
- Jobsearch USA
- ZipRecruiter.com - Find part time, intern and full time jobs
- Book: How to Make the Most of Your Associate Degree: The Ultimate Guide to Fame and Fortune in the Real World
Other Self-Assessment Links:
For information on other services available to students in the Advising/Career Center call (432) 264-5088.
|San Angelo Area Job Postings|
Career Resources and Links
- Texas Workforce Commission - Search for Texas Careers and Available Jobs
- USA Jobs - Official Job site of the US Federal Government. (Source for Federal Jobs and Employment Information)
- Student Jobs - Portal for a range of employment opportunities for students within the Federal Government.
- Finding the Right Career - Exploring Career Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CareerOneStop - America's Career Information Network
- Major to Career Converter - Monster.com Career Information
- Resume-Help.org - Resume tips, guidelines, examples and services for those trying to find a job.
- Job-Interview.net - Guides, tips, suggestions and help with Job Interviews and the interview process
- JobStar Central
- Glassdoor.com - inside look at company salaries, reviews, and interview questions for thousands of employers.