Select Your Location
What if I am undecided on a Career/Major choice?
Howard College provides a comprehensive program of student assessment, career information, career counseling, job placement information and assistance. The staff in the Advising/Career Center assists current students in finding a career field that is suited to the student’s interests, abilities and attributes. Students can take an online assessment that measures their interests and aptitudes in order to make a well-informed career choice. Links to these assessment tools are provided below. After taking an interest inventory/assessment, students can meet with an advisor in the Advising/Career Center to interpret the outcome of the assessments, provide assistance in researching their top career choices and guide them in making the right career choice. The advisors will then set up a degree plan of required curriculum and training in their chosen career.
The Advising/Career Center also conducts seminars on campus to help students with career exploration, job skills, study skills, self-esteem building, job interviewing, resume writing and more to prepare students for a successful college career as well as a future occupation. Call the advising office to learn about the upcoming dates and topics.
· https://www.onetonline.org/ O*NET contains career exploration tools, assessments to help you find the right career for you, and links to job openings in your area.
· https://www.mynextmove.org/ My Next Move partners with O*NET to help you search for careers by keywords, industry, and your interests.
· https://www.careeronestop.org/getmyfuture/index.aspx GetMyFuture is a one-stop resource to help anyone age 16 to 24 plan and achieve their career, education, and employment goals. This mobile-friendly website offers easy-to-use tools, information, videos, links to resources, and more to help you explore career options, learn about education and training opportunities, and find a job.
- http://www.texascareercheck.com/ Texas Career Check is an exploration tool built for students to research different careers and schools. This resources provides an intuitive way to look for information and descriptions on occupations and schools that you may be interested in.
- http://www.texasgenuine.org/ Texas Genuine allows you to search Career and Technical jobs and programs, as well as colleges that offer these programs. If you’re unsure of your career interests, you can take a free assessment to see what careers line up with your best skills and qualities.
https://www.txinternshipchallenge.com/vosnet/Default.aspx The Texas Internship Challenge encourages students to participate in the thousands of internships around the state to gain the marketable skills employers are looking for. Internships help you explore career opportunities, network with employers, and earn a salary or school credit.
For information on other services available to students in the Advising/Career Center call (432) 264-5024.
|San Angelo Area Job Postings|
Career Resources and Links
- Texas Workforce Commission - Search for Texas Careers and Available Jobs
- USA Jobs - Official Job site of the US Federal Government. (Source for Federal Jobs and Employment Information)
- Student Jobs - Portal for a range of employment opportunities for students within the Federal Government.
- Finding the Right Career - Exploring Career Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CareerOneStop - America's Career Information Network
- Major to Career Converter - Monster.com Career Information
- Resume-Help.org - Resume tips, guidelines, examples and services for those trying to find a job.
- Job-Interview.net - Guides, tips, suggestions and help with Job Interviews and the interview process
- JobStar Central
- Glassdoor.com - inside look at company salaries, reviews, and interview questions for thousands of employers.