Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) promotes school spirit, provides an understanding of student problems and acts as an intermediary between students, the faculty, and the administration. We are the voice of the student body.
We play an active role on campus as well as the community, acting as an ambassador for Howard College. We participate in activities such as Fall Fest, Faculty Appreciation Luncheon, fundraisers for SGA events, New Student Orientation and graduation. Trips we will take include College Day for Community Colleges in Austin and the state convention for the Texas Junior College SGA.
SGA officers are elected by the student body and serve for two semesters and receive a $425 scholarship per semester. They must meet GPA requirements and be active in group meetings and activities.
- Caryn Truitt
Student Life Coordinator
- Nancy Woods Hernandez
Program Director - Business
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
- Daniel Cruz
- Shellye Terrell
- Velia Vasquez
- Lisa Vandevanter
- Location: Room B111
- Time: 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- September 5
- September 19
- October 17
- November 7
- November 28
- December 5
- LAST DAY TO PAY is MAY 28 for Summer I and JULY 1 for Summer II FOR STUDENTS PRE-REGISTERED!
- Health Professions Application Packet Deadline Extended: Due to the normal deadline of June 1 falling on a Saturday, application packets will be due by Monday, June 3, 2013.
- Priority Deadline for Summer Financial Aid: April 26 is the priority financial aid deadline for the Summer 2013 semesters. In addition, a HC summer financial aid application must also be completed.
- Accepting Scholarship Applications: HCSA General Scholarship for Summer 2013 (deadline May 17), HCSA General Scholarship for Fall 2013 (deadline August 2), Wolslager Scholarship for Fall 2013 (deadline August 2), and a new scholarship the William (Bill) Hill Scholarship for Fall 2013 (deadline August 2, and the Frank Junell Scholarship for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 (deadline June 20). Refer to each application for the requirements.
- Howard College Bookstore Buyback: The bookstore will be buying back textbooks April 29-May10. You will need a picture i.d. Take advantage of this opportunity if you don’t plan to keep your textbooks.
- Student Forum Responses: Click here to view the student comments and suggestions presented at the March 2013 Student Forum with Dr. Sparks.
- Event Ceremony Pictures: Click on the name of the event to view the photos. 2013 Awards Ceremony & PTK Induction, 2013 Health Professions Pinning Ceremony, 2013 Graduation Ceremony, 2013 Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Copyright © 2013 Howard College. All rights reserved. Site Map. Employee Resources/Forms. Tax Statement
1-866-HC-HAWKS • 1-432-264-5000 • 1001 Birdwell Lane • Big Spring, Texas 79720
Summer Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Closed Friday
|The Howard County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in educational programs, activities, admission, or employment practices. The following position has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 1001 Birdwell Lane, Big Spring, TX 79720.