2010 to 2014 QEP Resources (Archival)
- Important Dates: Critical Thinking
- QEP Information
- Annual Report (Aug 2010)
- 5-Year Impact Report
- Critical Thinking Plan (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Team Results (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Team Rubric Form (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Rubric - Detail (MS Word DOCX)
What is the Howard College QEP?
Quality Enhancement Plan or QEP is a plan to improve student learning throughout Howard College. QEP at Howard College is Critical thinking... for Learning, for Earning, for Life!
Definition of Critical Thinking:
Thinking with purpose, skill, and confidence.
Definition of Student Learning:
Students demonstrate knowledge, skills, behaviors, and/or values attributable to the collegiate experience.
Howard College students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Critical Thinking Student Learning Outcomes:
Howard College students will demonstrate critical thinking skills by:
- Asking vital questions
- Collecting and measuring relevant information
- Arriving at well-reasoned conclusions
- Considering alternative systems of thought
- Communicating effectively with others
SACS Core Requirement 2.12:SACS Core Requirement 2.12 The institution has developed an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan and demonstrates that the plan is part of an ongoing planning and evaluation process. SACS Handbook further defines QEP as "an opportunity and an impetus for the institution to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue or issues the institution considers important to improving student learning."