What is the IE Office responsible for?
What is QEP? Click here to learn more about our Quality Enhancement Plan here at Howard College.
Oversee system and assist administration with institutional planning and effectiveness.
Coordinate and manage the district strategic planning database (SPOL - Strategic Planning Online).
Research and communicate institutional data.
Develop, implement, and maintain standard tracking and reporting systems for academic, administrative, and educational support departments.
Develop and conduct research designs such as surveys and studies to collect information.
Maintain statistical data to compare and study trends regarding all aspects of the college (students, employees, community, etc.)
Create and publish district-wide Quick Facts brochure.
Prepare and administer or review assessment strategies for the district.
Assist departments with institutional reports, data, and surveys as needed.
Respond to statistical inquiries from state, federal, and other external organizations.
Assist with the re-accreditation process through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Before making a request, consider the following:
- What data elements and fields are needed?
- How would you like to examine or view the data? Charts? Tables?
- Data or report requests are created upon request. However, depending upon the volume of data requests across the district, data delivery may take up to two weeks.
Providing reliable contact information is essential for the department to clarify data requests and for quicker processing. Department personnel will provide an estimated date of completion.
- If you are unsure of the type of data elements needed or if you have any questions, feel free to contact:
To submit a request for specific data or a report that is not listed under our Statistics section, you will need to submit an Online Data Request Form. The form will be automatically submitted to the Institutional Effectiveness and Research department.
We Want to Hear From You
Comments or questions? Any ideas on how to make this page more useful to you? We want to hear from you! Please click the link below to send us your ideas and we can work toward a better solution.
- Enrollment - Spring 2011
- Enrollment - Spring 2012 (Prelim)
- Enrollment - Spring 2000-2010
- Enrollment - Summer 2005-2010
- Enrollment - Fall 2001-2011
- Quickfacts: 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007
- Workforce/CE: 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007
- Financial Snapshot: 2011 - 2010
- Student Success: 2011 - 2010
- TACC Legislative Priorities: 2011
- Local Legislative Priorities: 2011
- Equity in Athletics: 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
- Texas Higher Education (THECB) Accountability System
- Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCSSE)
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) SCHOOL SEARCH
- NCES Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) Data Resources
- Big Spring Community Profile - Oncor Economic Development Department
- Texas Association of Counties - Howard County Profile
- Texas State Data Center
- US Census Board - Texas and Counties - Quick Facts