Nathan's Thoughts on Howard College
Why Howard College?
Upon retiring from the United States Army after 21 years, I was looking for a small college to complete a long-term goal that I had set over ten years earlier. My goal was to earn my Associates Degree. I came to visit Howard College and was impressed by the small campus and room sizes. I liked the friendliness of the staff, so I enrolled. I have been rewarded for that decision many times over.
Why Business Administration?
I have worked in some form of business or management since I was a teen, so it made a lot of sense to me to follow my talents. Everything in life is a form of business, so I know my degree will benefit me no matter what direction I take.
My next major goal is to earn my Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management. After completing my degree, I will search for my next real job.
My Awards / Honors
- President's List (Summer/Fall 2010, Spring 2011)
- Phi Theta Kappa Member
- Who's Who Among Students in Universities and Colleges
- Highly Decorated Combat Veteran of Two Wars (Desert Storm/Iraqi Freedom)
- Student Representative for the Business Advisory Committee
My Clubs / Organizations
- President of the Business and Human Resource Management Club
- Veterans' Representative for the Veteran's Organization
- Senator in the Student Government Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Member
- Disable American Veterans Member
Best Studying Advice
There are 24 hours in day, so don’t be afraid to use every minute if that’s what you need to do to be successful in your studies. You can sleep when you are dead. Do not procrastinate, and just take your time to study without any distractions.
Relax and Have Fun
I enjoy hiking in the State Park in San Angelo. I also enjoy jogging around the mall.
What I like most about Howard College
My favorite thing that I enjoy about Howard College is that every professor and every staff member is approachable. They will do everything they possibly can to help you be successful.
What I tell future Howard College students
Dream big and never quit. Howard College can only help you if you make the commitment and stick with it. Set your goals and don’t look back. You can reach them. There is always a helping hand at Howard College.